Pages

Welcome To Villa 14

Dette er mitt virtuelle hjem hvor jeg deler ting jeg liker innen mote, interiør og foto, samt litt av det jeg tenker på, opplever og slikt. Jeg legger også ut bilder av fotograferinger. Jeg er fotograf på deltid og du kan booke en fotografering ved å kontakte meg via min web side www.julievold.com

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Naming our daughter


It's not easy to be a bilingual multicultural family when it comes to finding names. A lot of Norwegian girls names make no sense in English and some English names cannot be pronounced in Norwegian.

If this baby was a boy the choice was easy and pre-determined- Odin (if I got my way) or Kasper (if geremy got his way) or a combination of the two.

But for a girl, the few names that works in both languages like Liv or Cathrine is already taken.

Then there is Katharina my second first name which I rarely use. It's nice but coupled with Krause...

And Krause is another "problem" - it seems like as common as Smith in English or Andersen in Norwegian. Not very good for SEO or having her name as an email address on gmail...

Lol I know I am the only one that would ever think of this - but hey I'm not a nerd for nothing.

Well here are some of our name thoughts, - still got a few more weeks to think about it ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello, or contact me to book a shoot :)